On November 19, 2013, USPlabs, the manufacturer of dietary supplement OxyELITE Pro, announced its “expansion” of the OxyELITE Pro recall. This news comes less than two weeks after cases of liver failure and death prompted USPlabs’ recall of the entire OxyELITE Pro line.
In October, the FDA issued a warning letter to USPlabs and threatened to use federal enforcement power to remove OxyELITE Pro from the market. The FDA explained that OxyELITE Pro and VERSA-1, another drug used for weight loss and/or muscle gain, were considered adulterated. Both diet drugs contain aegeline, an ingredient for which USPlabs failed to provide evidence of safety.
Although the FDA declared the entire OxyELITE Pro line adulterated, USPlabs failed to include Raspberry Lemonade OxyELITE Pro Super Thermo Powder in its list of recalled products. For clarification, the entire OxyELITE Pro line of products has been recalled. This recall includes all lots, flavors, and sizes of the following products:
- OxyELITE Pro Super Thermo capsules
- OxyELITE Pro Ultra-Intense Thermo capsules
- Fruit Punch OxyELITE Pro Super Thermo Powder
- Blue Raspberry OxyELITE Pro Super Thermo Powder
- Grape Bubblegum OxyELITE Pro Super Thermo Powder
- Green Apple OxyELITE Pro Super Thermo Powder
- Raspberry Lemonade OxyELITE Pro Super Thermo Powder
Andrews Thornton Higgins Razmara encourages patients and loved ones who have been harmed by OxyELITE Pro, VERSA-1, or any other dietary supplement to contact us for a free case evaluation at www.andrewsthornton.com or toll free at 1-800-644-1734.